Thursday, November 7, 2013

WEEK 24

At around 6 months old, Abby was ready for solid food. She showed interest in food and I remember how proud I was when she knows how to eat from a spoon. She had never tasted anything before except my breast milk.

I am so ever thankful to be able to give the best food to Abby since birth. But there was one time when my supply dwindled and I was forced to feed her with formula. My milk just wasn't enough to last her for a day and so, with a heavy heart, I drag myself to the supermarket and bought a small tin of formula. Thank God my supply came back shortly after. What a relief!

Back to the solid food. I knew a lot of mothers who started introduce solid food to their babies with pureed fruits and vegetables but I didn't do exactly that. Instead, I started with organic rice cereal (without added sugar) mix with my breast milk and Abby was a happy camper. Two weeks after her first taste of rice cereal, we started introduce porridge to her and she loves it!

I never blend her porridge but only mashed them with a spoon when I fed her. My mom would go berserk if I blend her porridge because she say that often stirred porridge will give you wind (Chinese loves to associate gassy stomach with wind). What more blended porridge! Not sure if this is a myth but I heed her advice anyway.

(Photo taken 7/16/2012 - My little angel with her dirty face)

No comments:

Post a Comment