Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The First Week

We brought Abby home on February 2nd, 2012 and we were lucky that her jaundice level was low that we were allow to go home after four days at the hospital. I have to admit that the first few weeks went by like a blur. I thought I have a good grasp of taking care of my own baby because having to live with my brother for years when his first child was born, I thought I have all the knowledge I needed to care for my little one. I was wrong! Even changing diaper was a complete mess. Honestly, it wasn't easy and I struggled quite a lot. Being a mom is entirely new to me, so much to learned and not to mention the wee one kept wanting to latch on me every hour or so, with some sessions lasted for four hours everyday! I was so bummed up that I fell into a mild depression and a lot of tears had been shed at that time. I made mistakes and I learned from there. One thing I've came to realized is you've got to talk it out if you sense something's wrong with you. Be it to your partner, your family or your friends. Just let it out and believe me it will make you feel better. I did and I recovered from it pretty quickly. 

(Abby's first smile! Taken on February 4th, 2012)

(Papa helped cleaning Abby's umbilical cord stump...she loves it)

(Daily ritual after bath....screaming on top of her lungs) 

(I looked like I've been run down by a truck! Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment